The Mudlust rolltop framebag offers the same great durability of the traditional Mudlust in a rolltop, zipperless version. The main advantage of a rolltop is that it eliminates the risk of a blown-out zipper when over stuffing your framebag. On a Rockgeist designed frame bag with injection molded #10 YKK zippers, blowouts are a rare event and no Rockgeist frame bags have been back for repair with these zippers. Its more common to see blow outs on coiled zippers (zippers with a flat outer profile covered with a shiny urethane tape). However, with the right amount of zipper age, harsh elements, and some bad luck, blow-outs can happen. The disadvantage of rolltop framebags? They are a little heavier and entry in and out can be slower then the zippered alternative and more challenging to get into while riding.
The standard design for a rolltop is positioned on the drive side of the bag and still allows a zippered map pocket on the non-drive side. Straps to secure the roll-top closure will be positioned close to the center of the top-tube. This is essential to allow compatibility with your top-tube bags (both stem side and seat post side). For framebags built from multiple COLORS please select them here.
- Variable velcro attachment to the top tube near your stem. This allows compatibility with your choice of top tube bag, including the Rockgeist Medic and Cache
- Drive-side roll top access
- Removable internal vertical divider to maintain bag width (to prevent leg-rub)
- Hydration/electronic access
- Reinforced velcro connections with weatherproof webbing
- Rockgeist reflective webbing – weatherproof, durable, 1″ webbing
- Aluminum Alpine G-Hooks closure
PhotoFit™ Template Creation: A strategic photo of your bike is used to build your Rockgeist rolltop framebag. PhotoFit™ offers several advantages over physical customer-traced templates. The most important advantage is that it eliminates template errors and helps avoid zipper stress, maximizing packing efficiency, and ensures strap compatibility with existing bags/frame features.