The Swami handlebar harness is a durable and lightweight harness to anchor your dry bag to your handlebars. The Swami provides the advantage of using different sized dry bags depending on the needs of your trip. The Swami also comes with two, full-wrap straps to lock down your dry-bag when traveling over technical terrain. Pair the Swami with the Apogee feedbag for maximum carrying capacity.
Weight: 8.3 oz (235 g) with VX42 fabric
- Plastic support to help maintain its shape
- Removable spacers between the handlebar and harness
- Removable, full-wrap straps. Run these under the crown of your suspension fork and over the handlebars to lock down your dry bag.
The Swami is built to excel with the following setup:
- Ideal for carrying dry bags 8 to 16 liters in size. Sea to Summit® (no affiliation) makes high quality, inexpensive dry bags at these sizes that work well (price range of $20-$30).
- Ideal for wide MTB bars, Jones H-Bars®, and roadie/cyclocross drop bars.
- Ideal for carrying combined items of sleeping bag/quilt, bivy, minimal clothes (think puffy coat, etc).
The Swami is not recommended for:
- Bikes with in-line cyclocross style breaks
- Large volume dry bags – This is more subjective and depends largely on terrain, speed, and amount tire clearance for your specific bike.