The Swami handlebar harness is a durable and lightweight harness specifically designed for handlebars with an outward sweep (e.g., Jones H-bars). This outward sweep allows your drybag to be pinned directly to your bars without pinching your brake or shifting cables. The Swami provides the advantage of using different sized dry bags depending on the needs of your trip. The Swami also comes with two, full-wrap straps to lock down your dry-bag when traveling over technical terrain. Pair the Swami with the Apogee feedbag for maximum carrying capacity.
If you have a bike with a flat bar or drop bar, see the Rockgeist Barjam Harness for the best harness solution for these bars.
- Plastic support to help maintain its shape
- Removable spacers between the handlebar and harness
- Removable, full-wrap straps. Run these under the crown of your suspension fork and over the handlebars to lock down your dry bag.
The Swami is built to excel with the following setup:
- Ideal for carrying dry bags 8 to 20 liters in size. Sea to Summit® makes high quality, inexpensive dry bags at these sizes that work well (price range of $20-$30).
- Ideal for bars with an outward sweep (Jones H-Bars®)
- Ideal for carrying combined items of sleeping bag/quilt, bivy, minimal clothes (puffy coat, etc).
The Swami is not recommended for:
- Bikes with brake lines or shifter cables competing for space at your bars. See the Rockgeist Barjam Harness for a system that works best for these bikes.
- Large volume dry bags – This is more subjective and depends largely on terrain, speed, and amount tire clearance for your specific bike.
Please see the ‘Additional Information’ tab for full gear specifications
- Weight: 8.3 oz (235 g) with VX42 fabric