The Animalist sleeping pad is specifically designed for bikepackers and adventure cyclists. The pad is sized to provide optimal bike-carrying solutions while maintaining insulation and cushioning to three main contact points when sleeping: your shoulders, hips, and knees. Everything you need and nothing more.
The Animalist weighs under 3.6 ounces for both sizes to provide significant weight reduction compared to inflatable pads. It also works every time. No patch kit to carry, no huffing and puffing into a valve, just unroll and sleep. The Animalist is made from a densely cross-linked, closed-cell foam to create a durable and non-absorbent pad. A good closed cell pad is an essential part of every lightweight sleep system. It provides enough cushion to take the sting off the ground while preventing the ground from pulling away your body heat. It’s also a great solution for use in conjunction with an inflatable pad for additional insulation during cold weather camping.
The Animalist excels in the following situations:
- Endurance racing
- Supplementing your inflatable pad
- Tarp camping – acting as your ground cloth
- Sleeping pad for dogs and other furry friends
- Hammock camping to block the wind
- Minimalist bikepacking
- 0.1875″ thick x 48″ length x 18″ width, 3.4 oz
- 0.25″ thick x 36″ length x 18″ width, 3.6 oz
- Rolled diameter for each size is approximately 3.5″ (just smaller then the diameter of a standard Nalgene bottle)
Carrying options include backpack or bike attachment. Please check the dimensions of your bike for on-bike carrying compatibility options. Animalist comes with a Velcro One-Wrap strap. *Weight includes pad and velcro strap. If you are interested in the $30 carrying case please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm colors.