RIDE MORE, CARE MORE
Charitable efforts and community engagement are strong values at Rockgeist. Despite being a small company I have high expectations on making an impact within these areas. This engagement extends beyond our home state of North Carolina and includes the communities and singletrack of our customers, the societies advocating for disease research, and many other noble efforts. A mission like this is easy to preach, but time and money are a limited resource making this challenging to actually do. However, as the company continues to grow I am making it a priority that these charitable efforts will to. Take a look below to see current work. I invite you to get involved in these efforts. If you have any questions, or would like to pitch new efforts, please don’t hesitate to contact me; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greg Hardy, Owner
Trail Prom - Help Grow the Northwest NC MTB Alliance
Every year the NWNC MTB Alliance puts on Trail Prom (Aug 26th, 2017), an event to help raise funds and volunteer time to grow and maintain the singletrack in Northwest NC. Rockgeist has donated a Cache Top Tube bag up for raffle along with a $50 gift certificate. Show up for these and other great raffle prizes. Check their website for the details: https://ridenwnctrails.com/event/second-annual-trail-prom/
Here’s a quick snapshot of just some of the work the Alliance achieved last year:
- 400 hours of volunteer work on trail systems in Northwest NC
- Signed cost-share agreement with Pisgah NF Grandfather District. Will contribute to over $10,000 of contract work scheduled for the Wilson Creek area in 2017.
- Coordinating complete revitalization of Lake Hickory Trail System, including new beginner trail and pumptrack under construction.
- Hosted over 50 women riders through Bell Joy Ride program at Rocky Knob Park.
- Hosted Southern Classic Series “Dark Grind” XC race at Dark Mountain, where proceeds contribute to the Alliance trail fund.
Rockgeist is proud to sponsor the Wildland Firefighter Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides assistance to the families of firefighters who have died while performing wildland duties. The Foundation has formed an ambassador mountain biking program in an effort to raise awareness for their cause. The goal of these riders is to build and strengthen relationships between those who love and recreate on public lands and the wildland firefighters who protect them.
THE LANDMARK PROJECT™ PATCHES
Rockgeist is offering The Landmark Project™ patches that represent some of our country's greatest natural areas. A portion of patch proceeds are donated to the organizations dedicated to protecting these iconic destinations. Charitable organizations include:
- National Forest Foundation - USA
- National Park Foundation - USA
- Friends of the Smokies - NC, TN
- Friends of DuPont Forest - NC
- River Link - NC
- Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation - NC
- Washington's National Park Fund - WA
- Yosemite Conservancy - CA, NV
- Rocky Mountain Conservancy - CO, ID, MT, NM, WY
Please consider visiting the above websites to learn about how these organizations are making an impact and how you can help. Individual donations/volunteer time may seem insignificant, however, collectively we can have a longstanding impact on America's great wild spaces.
Pisgah National Forest Patch$5.00
Great Smoky Mountains Patch$5.00
Blue Ridge Parkway Patch$5.00
French Broad River Patch$5.00
DuPont State Forest Patch$5.00
Mount Rainier Patch$5.00
North Cascades Patch$5.00
Rocky Mountains Patch$5.00
Grand Teton Patch$5.00